(Makes 2 big portions)
1tbsp oil (sesame or walnut add good flavour)
1 large onion sliced thinly
200- 250g sliced pork loin
1 fennel root sliced thinly
1 red pepper
2 courgettes halved and sliced on the diagonal
2 handfuls mangetout or sugar snap
2 inch piece fresh ginger finely chopped
1 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp soy sauce
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Put a non stick frying pan or wok on a medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot add the garlic, ginger and onion, stir and heat until the onion begins to go transparent.
2. Add the thinly sliced pork and stir with the onion until pork is sealed.
3. Add the fennel and keep stirring to prevent sticking/ burning.
4. Finally add the red pepper, strips of courgette and mangetout.
5. If necessary add a tablespoon of water to the pan (with caution) keep stirring for 5 mins.
6. Stir through the soy sauce and heat for another minute – serve immediately.