Bristol Whisky Festival 2013: Colston Hall, Saturday June 22nd
The Whisky Lounge is coming to Bristol for the first time as part of its unstoppable quest to ‘bring whisky to the people’. The Whisky Festival will feature whisky galore at the Colston Hall on June 22nd from 12-5pm.
June 22nd sees a Whisky Festival extraordinaire, with ‘Under the Counter Drams’ for those already well-versed, and free guided ‘whisky tours’ for those that are not.
Visitors will actually be encouraged to create their own blended whisky to take home.
The event promises to be a vibrant and invigorating experience for all those keen to learn and discover why whisky truly is “The Water of Life”.
The event includes:
- Whisky Festival on Saturday 22nd June (12pm-5pm)
- All ‘On the Counter’ whiskies are available to try within the session ticket price.
- ‘Under the Counter Drams’. Rare & exclusive whiskies which are hidden underneath select exhibitor stands, which can be sampled in exchange for tokens – 22nd June only).
- Free introduction to whisky classes for beginners and newcomers with Whisky Missionary Joe Clark.
- Experimental opportunity for visitors to the festival to create their own blended Whisky to name and take home, all under one roof.
Saturday 22nd June tickets include access to sample all ‘On the Counter’ drams, free guided tours, a Glencairn Crystal whisky tasting glass, a festival programme and two ‘under the counter dram’ tokens, all for just £35. Half-session tickets are just £20.
Eddie Ludlow, Whisky Evangelist & Founder of The Whisky Lounge, commented; ‘We are constantly striving to bring whisky to new and existing audiences in fresh and innovative ways. Coming to Bristol is possibly one the most daring and exciting projects we have ever attempted and we are actually hoping to set a record for the largest number of people blending whisky under one roof.’
Tickets to the festival are available through www.thewhiskylounge.com.
The Bristol Whisky Festival and is run by The Whisky Lounge, an independent company founded by Whisky Evangelist, Eddie Ludlow, with the specific aim of demystifying whisky and bringing it to the people. The company is York-based and is the UK’s only national whisky tasting and events outfit, running laid-back whisky tastings nationwide since 2008.
For more information about The Bristol Whisky Festival 2013, Trade and Media passes and information about The Whisky Lounge contact them via email at email@example.com, by phone on 01904 410841 or via Twitter @TheWhiskyLounge.