The Chocolate Festival: Brunel’s Old Station, April 5-6
This weekend, indulge yourself in all things chocolatey at the all new Chocolate Festival. Taking place at Brunel’s Old Station, Bristol Temple Meads, the festival will create a world of multisensory thrills – all located in the comfort of this characterful indoor venue.
The festival has been completely re-thought for this year to offer an utterly unique visitor experience. It’s a chance for chocoholics to not only discover the best and newest artisan chocolates, but also to indulge their senses in Britain’s first celebration of its kind. This year, for the first time, the festival will include the following new elements:
- Tasting Lounge with Seventy%: Thrill your taste buds on a journey of discovery guided by world-renowned chocolate expert Martin Christy.
- The Cocoa Spa with Hotel Chocolat: Soothe your senses with luxurious cocoa butter beauty treatments.
- The Chocolate Café: Kick back and relax with your friends while you sip the creamiest hot chocolate in town.
- Brownie Trail: Join the fun quest to hunt down the best ever chocolate brownie.
- Easter Zone: Feast your eyes on this year’s pick of the best Easter eggs.
- Health Zone: Try delicious free-from and raw chocolate and discover its many surprising health benefits.
- The Chocolate Market: Discover Britain’s top artisan chocolate companies all conveniently showcased under one roof.
The festival takes place from 10am to 6pm, on both Saturday and Sunday.
Yael Rose, event director of The Chocolate Festival and self-confessed chocolate fanatic, says: “For 2014 we’ve completely re-worked the concept of the festivals to make them into luxurious, fun events. We’ve created multi-sensory experiences around touch, taste and discovery that make the festivals much more than just a food show.
“It’s an amazing and decadent day out with friends or family relaxing, drinking, eating, sampling and shopping for chocolate. So book your tickets now!”
Ticket prices for the festival are as follows, and can be bought from www.festivalchocolate.co.uk:
· General Admission – £5.75 (includes booking fee)
· Tasting Ticket – includes general admission, the Best Brownie Ever trail and one session at The Tasting Lounge – £16.25 (includes booking fee)