– 150g butter, softened
– 150g caster sugar
– 3 eggs, medium
– 150g self-raising flour
– 100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
2. Prepare a 20cm (8”) Pyrex cake tin by greasing well and lining the base with a circle of baking paper.
3. Cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a Pyrex mixing bowl.
4. Add the eggs and the flour to the mixture and beat well until fully combined.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Place the mixture into the tin and roughly level to top using the back of a Pyrex Silicone spoon.
7. Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Place on a plate, dust with a little icing sugar and serve.
You could decorate with the cake with some melted chocolate and sprinkles if you have some!
Recipe submitted by…
A kitchen favorite for the best part of a century, Pyrex has always been a mum’s best friend in the kitchen. From the classic glass jugs and bowls to the modern Silicone bakeware and hi-tech Pyroflam, Pyrex is made to the highest quality standards and is a versatile, durable and dependable brand for your kitchen. Pyrex has been passed down from generation to generation and this is set to continue as the brand evolves into the future.
For further product information and images, please visit www.pyrexuk.com