The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee …to some, a historic event, to others, a good excuse for a celebration! A number of national companies are getting involved with the celebrations: Bridge Farm have launched a special Jubilee cider, the deli2dine4 website features a huge Jubilee range, and Kingsmill are even rebranding some of their loaves to “Queensmill” for two weeks from May 21st.
Whatever your view of the weekend, a number of Bristol-based companies are making the most of the weekend by hosting events, special offers and Jubilee themed products to help you to get the party started! Below are a selection of some of the things that are going on in and around Bristol…
- Cupcake fans should head over to Arch House Deli, where a range of Jubilee cupcakes in six unique designs will be available between June 1st and 5th. The cakes have been made in partnership with Layla Pegado – a Bristol based master cake maker – and cost just £2.95 each. If you want to have a go at making them yourself, you can see the recipe here!
- If you’re looking for some inspiration for corporate celebrations, try Fosters Event Catering. From May 28th onwards, the Bristol-based catering company will be offering Jubilee hampers, packed with everything your office needs to enjoy the event. Full details here.
- Bristol favourite Pieminister has also joined the celebrations with the launch of their Lovely Jubilee pie: a combination of free range British chicken and a Coronation-style sauce with mango chutney, sweetcorn and coconut. The pie is available to buy now from their shops and market stalls, as well as selected pubs and delis across the country.
Pubs, bars and restaurants…
- Book now for a Jubilee Tea Party courtesy of Danielle Coombs’ Bishopston Supper Club. Taking place on the afternoon of June 3rd, guests will be treated to sandwiches and savoury snacks, scones, cakes, tarts and more – along with bubbly, tea and coffee. The afternoon begins at 2.30pm and costs just £15 per head – see here for details.
- Also taking place on June 3rd is a Jubilee Street Party hosted by The Kensington Arms in Redland. From 12-9pm, the Stanley Road pub will be offering live music from ‘The Event’ and special guests, a BBQ, Pimms bar, old school sports day and the annual Kenny Krufts. All are welcome (including dogs!) and entry is free, with donations being collected for the RSPCA.
- From June 2nd to 5th, south west coffee chain Boston Tea Party will also be joining the festivities. They’ll be serving a “proper afternoon tea”, and every branch of the cafe will be doing something different, so keep an eye on their website and social media channels for more information!
- Ronnie’s of Thornbury will be serving a Jubilee tasting menu on the evenings of Saturday 2nd and Tuesday 5th June. The price is £49 per person, and includes a cocktail on arrival and a six course tasting menu – see here for details and to book.
- The Muset by Ronnie in Clifton Village are also joining the celebrations with a 5 course tasting menu. Priced at £50 per head, a free Jubilee cocktail is included – click here for details.
- The Harvey Nichols Second Floor Restaurant has two Jubilee options: a Jubilee Lunch on Sunday, June 3rd, and a Royal Not Afternoon Tea, available from May 1st to June 8th.
- Kids will enjoy a trip out to Tyntesfield, where Wallace and Gromit will be joining the National Trust property’s celebrations on June 4th. The day will feature screenings of their classic animated films, fun activities and Jubilee-themed food – along with a new Wallace and Gromit short film made just for the Jubilee. Keep checking their website for more details.
- Racks Bar & Kitchen in Clifton will be hosting a BBQ on June 4th, with £10 providing you with a full BBQ meal and a drink. All of the Jubilee celebrations will be up on the big screens, and there will also be live music. In addition, neighbouring Caffe Clifton will be putting on family activities for the children, with Queen Teas and champagne as well as Prince Will and Princess Kate milkshakes also available. Full details can be seen here.
- Tapas and sherry bar Harvey’s Cellars will be kicking off their celebrations on Thursday, May 31st, with a patriotic themed gallery launched, complimentary drink and food tastings and a specially designed British menu for one weekend only. Booking is advised!
- Butcombe pub The Swan, Rowberrow are running a special Jubilee menu on Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd June – click here to see a copy.
- The Hole In The Wall are celebrating the weekend with a special Bank Holiday menu from June 2nd – 5th, along with some great Jubilee cocktails. All of the details are here.
Staying in Bristol…
- Future Inns Bristol has a great deal available over the Jubilee weekend. For only £60 per person, enjoy sparkling wine and strawberries on arrival, a two course dinner in their Chophouse Restaurant as well as overnight accommodation. Simply click this link for more details.
- The Bristol Hotel on Prince Street are offering a Right Royal Occasion package between May 25th and July 1st. From £109 per room per night, the package includes a double bedded room, full English breakfast, Jubilee afternoon tea and free parking – see here for more details.
Non-Food And Drink-Related Celebrations
…are sadly not our area of expertise! Our friends at Bristol 24-7 have published a round up, though – see here for details.