Enjoy a great new show this July from Bristol-based Show Of Strength Theatre Company.
Fanny & Johnnie Cradock Cook The Great American Songbook is a show designed for restaurants rather than theatres, and takes place between July 20th and 28th at selected venues throughout Bristol.
Says the Show Of Strength website:
During the show the audience is served a two-course meal of prawn cocktail (the starter Fanny invented more than half a century ago) and Diamond Jubilee Chicken (Fanny’s revenge on Constance Spry for pipping her to the royal post with Coronation Chicken in 1953). As you eat, the Cradocks demonstrate, argue, name drop, insult, parlez dodgy Francais and sing as they go.
Kate McNab and John Telfer play Fanny and Johnnie. Kate is a well-known jazz singer who also performs with her own company The Ministry of Entertainment. John is an actor, singer and musical director, well known for his regular appearances in Bergerac and, currently, as the Vicar of Ambridge in Radio 4’s The Archers.
The show will be performed at the following locations/dates:
- Friday 20 July CREATE Centre, Hotwells, Bristol
- Saturday 21 July Square Food Foundation, Knowle, Bristol
- Sunday 22 July Riverstation, Bristol
- Tuesday 24 July Arnos Manor Hotel, Brislington, Bristol
- Thursday 26 July The Square, Berkeley Sq, Clifton, Bristol
- Friday 27 & Saturday 28 July Hen & Chicken, Bedminster, Bristol
At £20 for two courses and the show, prices are very reasonable indeed! To book, visit the Show Of Strength online ticket shop by clicking here.