250g leftover turkey
100g dried rice stick noodles
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 garlic cloves, smashed
200g small fresh prawns, peeled
100g beansprouts, rinsed
2 spring onion greens, chopped into 3cm/1in lengths
3 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
2tbsp lime juice
½ tsp dried chilli flakes or cayenne
1 tbsp palm or brown sugar
2 tbsp roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
2 tbsp coriander sprigs
1 lime, quartered
1. Put the noodles in a pan of boiling water (off the heat) and leave for 10 minutes or until al dente, before draining, cooling and setting aside.
2. Make the omelette by adding the eggs to a frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil and coating it thinly. When cooked remove from the heat and slice.
3. Gently fry the garlic in the remaining vegetable oil before adding the prawns and turkey to the mix.
4. Next add the noodles, bean sprouts, spring onions, fish sauce, ketchup, lime juice, chilli and sugar, stirring to combine well.
5. Serve topped with the peanuts, coriander and a squeeze of lime.
Recipe submitted by…
The Devilled Egg Kitchen Academy