There’s an amazing-sounding food festival coming to Paintworks on Saturday, April 20th, courtesy of local charity Milestones Trust.
The Staple Hill-based charity, which provides support to those with mental health needs and learning disabilities, will be hosting the one-day festival between 10.30am and 6pm on the day.
The Secret Garden Food Festival is part of Expressions: an arts event at which users of the Milestones Trust’s services will be displaying artworks that they have created. The food festival element celebrates the fact that the charity is leading the way in improving nutrition and food quality in care homes, and includes a variety of stalls and entertainment…
- The art of BBQ with celebrity chef Ben Bartlett, aka BBQ Ben, author of The BBQ Manual, published by Haynes
- Cookery and bread-making from Chef, Teacher and Founder of Square Food Foundation, Barny Haughton
- Vee Double Moo ice cream with a focus on organic and Fair Trade ingredients
- Soil Association’s tips on growing and buying organic food
- Riverford Organic Farms
- Top recipe ideas from care home chefs
- Tasters and samples
The Food Festival will be held against the glorious backdrop of the Expressions: Secret Garden arts festival, which will be open until 6pm. Here you’ll find an enchanted forest, craft marquee, secret garden, talking plants, games in the park, stream, bandstand, graffiti tunnel and more!