• 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
• 1 yam or 2 small parsnips, peeled and cut into thick slices
• 2 small pink sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
• 400g can coconut milk
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Crusty bread, to serve
1 Put the potatoes and yam (or parsnips) into the stock and boil for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions over a medium high heat until golden. Add onions, with the grated carrots and coconut milk to the stock and bring to the boil.
3 Allow to simmer for 10 minutes and season.
4 Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe submitted by…
This recipe appears in the Table Table charity cookbook, available to buy for £2 from all Table Table restaurants from December 12th, 2011. All proceeds go to WaterAid.