– 6 best-end lamb chops (bone in)
– 50g ginger, grated
– 1 ripe papaya, peeled and roughly chopped
– 30g bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
– 50ml extra virgin olive oil
– 2 or 3 hot green chillies, finely chopped and deseeded
– 100ml thick plain yoghurt
– 30g unsalted butter
1. Mix the ginger, papaya, oil and coriander in a liquidiser, mix in the chillies and yoghurt.
2. Remove fat/meat from the top 2 inches of each chop and flatten out the meat, removing any extra fat.
3. Coat the chops with the marinade and refrigerate in a sealed bag for at least 4 hours.
4. Sear on a high heat, then grill for around 10 minutes on a medium heat and then a further 5 minutes on low. Keep turning to prevent burning, and baste with melted butter.
5. Season with salt & pepper and leave to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe submitted by…